The weather in Naples Florida is a precious natural resource! The locals love it. The visitors love it. It is without a doubt, the main reason why sun seekers from around the globe are drawn to the our beaches. Naples is located along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico and benefits from the warm tropical breezes from the Gulf. Since we are in the sub-tropics, we do get “rainy days”. Luckily, the showers don’t seem to last very long and the bright Florida sun peaks out pretty quickly after a storm! So a ‘rainy day’ doesn’t necessarily mean that it rains the entire day!
As a Realtor , I am often asked: “What is there to do in the rain?” Here are some of my suggestions:
1) We have many museums featuring free admission
- Immokalee Pioneer Museum, just off Main St.and Roberts Ave.
- Collier County Museum located in the Gov’t Complex on Airport-Pulling
- Naples Depot Museum located on the corner of Fifth Ave. and 10th St
- Museum of the Everglades, located in Everglades City
- The von Liebig Art Center
2) Another suggestion would be to visit he Holocast Museum on 4760 Tamiami Trail N.
3) Naples public libraries offer so much more than books.They often have lectures, films, and programs. Be sure to check their schedule.
4) Try a matinee performance at the Sugden Theatre on 5th Ave.
6) There are excellent exhibitions and lectures at Rookery Bay. Kids’ arts & craft program is free on Fridays.
7) Sit, read, and have a cup of coffee at Barnes & Noble in the Waterside Shops.
8) Shopping is fun at Tin City where you are bound to uncover unique, fun souvenirs to bring back with you.
9) There is always the obvious…movies however take it to the next level at the Silverspot Theatre in Mercato after enjoying a few of the restaurants and perusing the wonderful shops.
10) My last suggestion is my favorite one. Try a massage, pedicure, and manicure. Followed by Happy Hour.
Ahhh…now that is what I call relaxing in Paradise!
Rain is not a negative thing!… it is an opportunity to see more of what Naples has to offer!